Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ahhhhhh. January 4th of the new year 2011. A great day in the history of my life. First because it is my best friends birthday, and second because I have survived 30 of them. Starting a blog for me is a huge leap, a tall branch to climb out on, and a big bite to take. When I write for the most part I pour my soul into whom I am writing for. Hence a change for me. I will be writing to a host of people I more or less do not know. Giving you updates on how difficult or easy it is to live a life simply on common sense or as we call it here, standard Midwest upbringing. Don't get me wrong we have some stupid people here in the Midwest, but in general, we survive on inherited wit and handwork.
So, I guess I will give you a general outline of who the hell I am. I am a male, 30 years of age. Father of 2, husband of one, construction worker, volunteer firefighter. And for the next 6 months I am the power of attorney and step in dad for my two nephews whose parent are both deployed in the navy. I look forward to putting some stories in here about the experience of basically doubling my family for 6 months, and in general just letting you see a glimpse of my simple world through my eyes. I hope you are ready for the ride, because depending on the day, this could get interesting.
Nate

1 comment:

  1. I love the title! I love the premise! I can't wait to keep reading!

    ReplyDelete